By Whitney Quesenbery, Sarah Horton
When you are in command of the person event, improvement, or technique for a website, an online for everybody may help you're making your web site available with no sacrificing layout or innovation. Rooted in common layout ideas, this booklet presents suggestions: sensible recommendation and examples of the way to create websites that everybody can use.
Read Online or Download A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences (1st Edition) PDF
Similar web development books
With nice energy comes. .. great flexibility. Drupal is an award-winning open-source content material administration method, and the feature-packed 6th unencumber is true round the nook. It's a modular process, with a sublime hook-based structure, and nice code. those are the various perks that make Drupal a call platform for builders who wish the ability of a longtime CMS, however the freedom to make it paintings for them. From social networking to AJAX to e-commerce, the masses of current modules attest to Drupal's flexibility. if you create a brand new module for Drupal, it suits seamlessly into the feel and appear of your total website. for those who can imagine it in Hypertext Preprocessor, you could code it as a Drupal module.
Dive into Drupal module improvement as we create the thinker Biographies site, constructing new modules and topics to fulfill useful targets. Create customized content material varieties. upload AJAX performance with the jQuery library. Use exterior XML APIs so as to add content material in your web site. e mail newsletters to web site individuals. Use topics. Empower directors with additional gains. And package deal all of it up in a customized set up profile. You won't discover a "hello world" right here!
If you're wanting to begin developing modules for Drupal 6, this is often your booklet. stroll throughout the improvement of entire Drupal modules with this primer for personal home page programmers. in particular written for Drupal 6, this booklet gets you coding modules as quick as attainable, and assist you upload the gains that would provide your paintings that pro gloss!
Just getting begun with Drupal improvement? This e-book offers you a transparent, concise and, after all, useful counsel to take you from the fundamentals of constructing your first module to constructing the talents to make you a Drupal developer to be reckoned with.
Are you a Drupal developer trying to replace to model 6? This ebook covers the hot and up to date APIs to steer your transition to Drupal 6. the hot menu method, the varieties and Schema APIs, and plenty of middle revisions are coated during this ebook.
What you'll research from this book?
* A developer's evaluation of vital Drupal innovations and APIs, like nodes, menus, and forms
* utilizing Drupal instruments for module development
* making a new module from scratch
* Harnessing the ability of the Drupal hook system
* utilizing key Drupal functions
* developing customized content material forms, from uncomplicated to advanced
* acting database operations
* Writing module installers and uninstallers
* Interacting with the topic procedure to construct crisp layouts
* operating with blocks, nodes, activities, and menus
* utilizing an internet provider to retrieve and reveal XML data
* developing an management interface
* Customizing consumer profiles
* Writing activities and triggering them with events
* operating with the varieties API
* Defining customized hooks and making modules paintings together
* Exploring the database and schema API
* developing an install profile to package deal your modules right into a customized Drupal distribution
Who this publication is written for?
This publication is written for Hypertext Preprocessor builders who are looking to upload customized gains to Drupal. it is very important recognize the fundamentals of Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL programming, yet no event of programming Drupal is needed, even if you may be anticipated to be conversant in the fundamental operation of Drupal.
Along the way in which you'll examine to:
* grasp easy programming thoughts and most sensible practices
* Harness the ability of practical and object-oriented programming
* Use ordinary expressions to quick parse and control strings
* Gracefully care for blunders and browser incompatibilities
* deal with browser occasions and change the DOM constitution
The vital belongings you have to know:
* Use animations and results. construct drop-down navigation menus, pop-ups, automatic slideshows, and extra.
* enhance your person interface. learn the way the professionals make web pages enjoyable and straightforward to exploit.
* acquire info with internet kinds. Create easy-to-use varieties that confirm extra actual customer responses.
* upload a splash of Ajax. let your websites to speak with an internet server and not using a web page reload.
* perform with dwelling examples. Get step by step tutorials for internet tasks you could construct your self.
A Cookbook overlaying either functional Yii software improvement advice and crucial Yii positive aspects .
• tips on how to use Yii much more efficiently;
• jam-packed with essentially important suggestions and ideas you should use on your application;
• either vital Yii notion descriptions and sensible recipes are inside.
The Yii framework is a quickly becoming PHP5 MVC framework also known as Rails for personal home page. It has already develop into a superior base for plenty of intriguing net functions resembling remain. com and will be a great base in your advancements, too. This ebook may help you to benefit Yii fast and in additional intensity to be used in on your developments.
Yii program improvement Cookbook will provide help to use Yii successfully. you are going to know about taking shortcuts utilizing middle good points, developing your personal reusable code base, utilizing try out pushed improvement, and lots of extra issues that would provide you with loads of adventure in a average volume of time.
The moment variation fixes all errata present in the 1st version and in addition positive aspects new recipes at the patron part, HTTP caching, and utilizing Composer with Yii.
Yii program improvement Cookbook can help you to profit extra concerning the Yii framework and alertness improvement practices regularly, exhibiting shortcuts and hazardous stuff you shouldn’t do.
The chapters of the e-book are more often than not self sufficient and because this book’s aim is to augment a pragmatic method of Yii improvement, you can begin interpreting from the bankruptcy you would like so much, be it Ajax and jQuery, Database, lively checklist, and version methods, or Extending Yii.
With the entire recipes grouped in thirteen chapters, you'll write your functions extra successfully utilizing shortcuts and utilizing Yii center performance in an effective way. the main attention-grabbing issues are; Yii program deployment, a advisor to writing your personal extensions, complicated mistakes dealing with, debugging and logging, software safety, functionality tuning, and masses more.
Yii software improvement Cookbook may help you to profit extra concerning the Yii framework and alertness improvement practices regularly. you'll write your purposes extra successfully utilizing shortcuts and utilizing Yii middle performance in an excellent way.
What you are going to examine from this book
• utilize inner Yii positive aspects, similar to occasions and collections.
• Get the utmost from your controller and perspectives and lead them to reusable.
• Make your program error-free utilizing TDD strategy.
• Use lively checklist successfully.
• make the most of Zii parts resembling grids and knowledge services.
• enforce, package deal, and percentage your code as a reusable extension.
• track your program for greater functionality and likewise research normal functionality ideas and Yii-related settings.
This ebook is a suite of Yii recipes with chapters in general self reliant of one another. it truly is packed with essentially beneficial suggestions and ideas defined with code and suitable screenshots and diagrams.
Who this ebook is written for
This e-book is for builders with reliable PHP5 wisdom who've attempted to boost purposes utilizing Yii. An object-oriented process and MVC wisdom could be an outstanding virtue as Yii makes use of those greatly.
- Letting Go of the Words: Writing Web Content that Works (2nd Edition)
- Joomla! 3 Beginner's Guide
- Learning Rails 3
- The Web Designer's Roadmap
Additional resources for A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences (1st Edition)
Deviation leads to surprises, sometimes very bad surprises, and in general to do so automatically makes an API awkward, a characteristic other developers will rapidly tire of. One is either returning a function result by executing a callback, handling the arguments received by a callback, or designing the signature for a callback within your API. Whichever situation is being considered, one should follow the convention relevant to that case: • The first argument returned to a callback function is any error message, preferably in the form of an error object.
Additionally, on multicore machines, forked processes will be distributed (by the OS) to different cores. Spreading node processes across cores (even other machines) and managing IPC is (one) way to scale a Node application in a stable, understandable, and predictable way. js should fork a child process and send that child a message. The child should respond in kind: Parent said: Child said: I love you I love you too Another very powerful idea is to pass a network server an object to a child. This technique allows multiple processes, including the parent, to share the responsibility for servicing connection requests, spreading load across cores.
A Web for Everyone: Designing Accessible User Experiences (1st Edition) by Whitney Quesenbery, Sarah Horton