By Paul D. Chan, Jane L. Gennrich
<A present scientific concepts clinical Book>Pocket-sized annual covers new AAP guidance for pediatric care. additionally discusses cardiovascular issues, pulmonary issues, infectious sickness, toxicology, fluids and electrolytes, and child care. specializes in common pediatric practices for care. For physicians and citizens. Softcover.
Read or Download Pediatrics (2004 Edition) (Current Clinical Strategies) PDF
Best pediatrics books
The Clinics of North the US at the moment are part of the Elsevier overall healthiness Sciences department, a global workforce of prime publishers devoted to assembly the knowledge wishes of overall healthiness technological know-how pros.
C. Decker). Univ. of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia. Atlas divided into sections akin to anatomic areas evaluated via the pediatric otolaryngologist. For basic care physicians. wide colour pictures. comprises whole textual content and illustrations on CD-ROM.
Talking on to skilled and beginner clinicians, educators and scholars in speech-language pathology/speech and language remedy through an informative essay-based procedure, Children’s Speech Sound issues offers concise, easy-to-understand causes of key facets of the type, review, prognosis and remedy of articulation issues, phonological issues and formative years apraxia of speech.
A Doody's middle identify for 2015. the main up to date, easy-to-use consultant to the analysis, knowing, and therapy of the clinical difficulties of kids from delivery via adolescenceFor greater than 70 years, professors, scholars, and clinicians have relied on LANGE for top quality, present, concise scientific info in a handy, reasonable, transportable layout.
- Psychotherapy for Children with Bipolar and Depressive Disorders
- Molecular Biology and Pathology of Paediatric Cancer (Oxford Medical Publications)
- Practical Guide to the Care of the Medical Patient, 8th Edition: Expert Consult: Online and Print
- Care of the Newborn: A Handbook for Primary Care
- Learning and Cognition in Autism
Additional resources for Pediatrics (2004 Edition) (Current Clinical Strategies)
9. Special medications: Lyme disease vaccine is no longer available. Chemoprophylaxis is not routinely indicated. Early Localized Disease: All ages: amoxicillin 25-50 mg/kg/day PO bid (max 2 gm/day) x 14-21 days [caps: 250,500 mg; drops: 50 mg/mL; susp; 125 mg/5mL, 200 mg/5mL, 250 mg/5mL, 400 mg/5mL; tabs: 500, 875 mg; tabs, chew: 125, 200, 250, 400mg] Age >8 years: doxycycline 100 mg PO bid x 14-21 days [caps: 50, 100 mg; susp: 25 mg/5mL; syrup: 50 mg/5mL; tabs 50, 100 mg] Early Disseminated and Late Disease: Multiple Erythema Migrans: Take same oral regimen as for early disease but for 21 days.
Serology for presence of IgG to H pylori. Impetigo, Scalded Skin Syndrome, and Staphylococcal Scarlet Fever 1. Admit to: 2. Diagnosis: Impetigo, scalded skin syndrome or staphylococcal scarlet fever. 3. Condition: 4. Vital signs: Call MD if: 5. Activity: 6. Nursing: Warm compresses tid prn. 7. Diet: 8. IV fluids: 9. 5 mg/5 mL] OR -Cephalexin (Keflex) 25-50 mg/kg/day PO qid, max 4 gm/day [caps: 250, 500 mg; drops 100 mg/mL; susp 125 mg/5 mL, 250 mg/5 mL; tabs: 250, 500 mg] OR -Loracarbef (Lorabid) 30 mg/kg/day PO bid, max 800 mg/day [caps: 200, 400 mg; susp: 100 mg/5 mL, 200 mg/5mL] OR -Cefpodoxime (Vantin) 6 mos-12 years: 10 mg/kg/day PO bid, max 800 mg/day >12 years: 100-400 mg PO bid [susp: 50 mg/5 mL, 100 mg/5 mL; tabs: 100 mg, 200 mg] OR -Cefprozil (Cefzil) 30 mg/kg/day PO bid, max 1 gm/day [susp 125 mg/5 mL, 250 mg/5 mL; tabs: 250, 500 mg] OR -Vancomycin (Vancocin) 40 mg/kg/day IV q6-8h, max 4 gm/day -Mupirocin (Bactroban) ointment or cream, apply topically tid (cream/oint: 2% 15 gm).
2 mg/kg/dose PO q6-8h 6-12 years: 2 mg PO tid-qid >12 years: 2-4 mg PO tid-qid [soln: 2 mg/5 mL] 10. Extras and X-rays: Chest X-ray. 11. Labs: CBC, SMA 7, CBG/ABG, UA. Urine antigen screen. Nasopharyngeal washings for direct fluores cent antibody (RSV, adenovirus, parainfluenza, influenza virus, chlamydia), viral culture. Cellulitis 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. Admit to: Diagnosis: Cellulitis. Condition: Vital signs: Call MD if: Activity: Nursing: Keep affected extremity elevated; warm compresses tid prn.
Pediatrics (2004 Edition) (Current Clinical Strategies) by Paul D. Chan, Jane L. Gennrich